Friday, May 26, 2006

Meeting Wizard

Meeting Wizard is a brilliant free way of helping you book meetings. I now use it all the time to make business and personal appointments.



Once you have signed up for a free account you simply decide whether you have a fixed date for a meeting, or whether you have several possible dates. You then send this information to all the prospective attendees, and Meeting Wizard does the rest. It emails the potential attendees either telling them about the single date, or asking them to confirm dates when they are available. Once it has this information it emails you, lets you select the best date, and then emails all the attendees. There are plenty of options available. For example, you can ask Meeting Wizard to send out automatic reminders before the meeting, and can control who sees who is attending or not.

I have found that the free version has more than enough options to help me run my business and social life. If you want to upgrade, the paid-for version gives you the option of having your logo on any emails and removes any discrete advertising.

The only criticism I have of the service is that existing appointments are listed by the date that you do the booking, not by the date of the meeting itself. I personally have found this confusing. I now get round it by making sure that the subject line of the booking email contains the date of the meeting to be booked.

Try it for free.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meeting Wizard is quite good but I now use agreeAdate.com. It lets me specify the time of day, even multiple times on the same day.

It also integrates with Outlook and handles meetings across time zones.